Menu

Cream Biscuits for Halloween



Hi everyone! I hope you are doing great! Today's video is my last recipe for this Halloween, I will show you how to make Spider-Cream Biscuits, so easy to make, and I have to admit, I also had a lot of fun with this, it reminded me of when I was a little girl and I loved playing with clay! So much fun and great memories, so if you have little ones at home, please do invite them to the kitchen and make some great memories together while you cook an amazing Halloween feast!

Makes 6 Large biscuits
Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
  • 2½ tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 3 Tbsp cold Butter
  • 2 Tbsp cold Shortening
  • 3/4 - 1 Cup Cream

To top:
  • 2 Tbsp melted Butter
  • 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
  • 1 pinch garlic salt

Preheat the oven to 400ºF.

In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients: Flour, salt and baking powder, mix well then add in the butter and shortening cut into small cubes,  mix until you get a texture similar to coarse breadcrumbs.

Then add in 3/4 cup of cream, knead until it all comes together to form a soft dough, DO NOT over-mix, if you overwork the dough, the biscuits will end up being hard as rocks! (feel free to add a little more cream if necessary.)

On a floured surface, roll out the dough to ½ - 3/4 in thickness.  Then cut out the circles to make your biscuits. (Make them any size you like) And after you have the circles cut out, now shape them like spiders,  for this step I recommend you watch my video .

Once the spiders are done, place them in the oven for 10 minutes.

In a small bowl combine the melted butter with the Italian seasoning and the garlic salt, mix well.

After ten minutes,  brush the spiders with the melted butter mixture, then place them back in the oven for another 5 more minutes or until golden brown and cooked.



Enjoy!

Followers

Gallery

Archive