To watch this Video-Recipe please click HERE!!
Hi everyone! Today's recipe is a really easy Jambalaya, it's perfect all by itself, or you can serve with your favorite kind of meat! Enjoy
- 2 cups of White rice, Long grain
- 1 Onion roughly chopped
- 1-2 diced Tomatoes
- 1 diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 diced Yellow Bell Pepper
- 3 minced Garlic cloves
- 8 oz Pre-cooked Chorizo (230 grams)
- 8 oz Smoked Sausage or Ham (230 grams)
- 2 Hot dog links
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thyme
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper or Cayenne Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups water (might need more or less according to the brand and type of rice you use! check the instructions on your rice package to check exact amount of liquid!)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cut the Chorizo, Sausage and hot dogs into bite size pieces about a ¼ inch thick.
In a large pan, on high heat, preheat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and cook the chorizo, sausage and hot dogs for about 5 minutes or until brown. Remove them from the pan, and in the same pan cook the onion, add one more tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil if needed. Cook the onion for two minutes.
After two minutes, then add in the garlic, bell peppers and tomatoes, give it a quick stir, then season with the paprika, cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper, salt to taste, black pepper to taste and the fresh thyme, give it a stir, cover the pan with a lid, and cook for two more minutes.
After two minutes, add in the liquid, the amount of liquid will depend on the rice you are using, check the instructions on your package for the exact amount of liquid.) Give it a stir, cover the pan with a lid, and let the broth boil.
Once it's boiling, add in the rice, and also add in the chorizo, sausage and hotdog pieces, give it a quick stir, cover again with a lid, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated and the rice is cooked. (the cooking time will also depend on the brand and type or rice you are using!)
Once the rice is cooked, garnish with the fresh parsley and serve. Enjoy