To watch this Video-Recipe please click HERE!!
Today's recipe is another Asian inspired dish! The weather is getting nice and warm so it's time to make some kebabs! This time I will take you all they way to Japan with this delicious dish I hope you like it as much as we did!
Ingredients for the Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 cup Mirin (Japanese Sweet Cooking Rice Wine)
- 2/3 cups Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili Oil
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh Grated/minced Ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated Onion
- Crushed Red Pepper to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons Cornstarch (add 2 tablespoons if you want the sauce to be very thick)
- Salt to taste (not really needed, but if like it very salty, you can add some)
For the kebabs:
- 1½ lbs chicken cut into bite size pieces (you can use beef or pork if you prefer so)
- 1 green Bell Pepper cut in chunks
- 1 Onion cut in chunks
- 1-2 cups Pineapple cut in chunks about the same size of the rest of the ingredients
- 1-2 cups of Broccoli
- Wooden Skewers
Soak the wooden Skewers in water for at least 1 hour before using them!
In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon of Cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water, mix well until dissolved, set it aside until you are ready to use it. (use 2 tablespoons of cornstarch if you want a very thick sauce)
To make the sauce: In a sauce pan on medium heat, combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch, stir together until the sugar is well dissolved, then cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, set the heat to medium, add in the cornstarch mixture and continue to cook for 10 more minutes to thicken the sauce. Once the sauce has thicken, taste the flavor add more crushed red pepper and ground black pepper if needed. Let it cool for about 5 minutes before using it.
Pour about 1/2 cup of the Teriyaki sauce over the chicken pieces, stir well until the chicken is well coated with the sauce, let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 450ºF (or preheat your grill)
Thread the chicken pieces and the rest of the ingredients onto the skewers. You can alternate the chicken, vegetables and pineapple any way you want. Keep on making the kebabs until they are all done. Brush them with more Teriyaki sauce.
Bake them in a 450ºF for about 15 minutes. Brush them with more Teriyaki sauce every 5 minutes while they are cooking.
Or Grill or broil them for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is well cooked. Brush them with more Teriyaki sauce every 3 minutes or so.
Brush them one last time before serving them. Serve them over white rice, and garnish with sesame seeds.