Hi everyone today's recipe is my take on chicken soup! I hope you like it, it's smokey and spice and simply delicious! Enjoy
- 2 skinless-boneless Chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion cut in chunks
- 2 cups of carrots chop in small pieces
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1½ cups zucchini cut about the same size as the other vegetables
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 3-4 ears of yellow corn cut in thirds
- 1 lime
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 3-4 small potatoes cut in small chunks
- 2 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chicken flavor bouillon
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 7oz can of Chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 10+ cups of water
Season the chicken pieces with 1 tablespoon of chicken flavor bouillon and 2 tablespoons of the chipotles in adobo sauce. Mix well until all the chicken pieces are well seasoned and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
In a large pot, on high heat, heat up 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. cook the onion for 2 minutes or until it softens a little bit. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add in the carrots and celery, season with 1 tablespoon of chicken flavor bouillon and 2-3 tablespoons of the Chipotle in adobo sauce. (add more Chipotles if you like it really spicy!) Cook for 3 minutes or until the vegetables soften a bit.
Add in the chicken pieces, stir together, cover the pot with a lid and cook for 3 more minutes. Add in 10 cups of water and the rest of the vegetables. season with black pepper to taste and cook uncover, on high heat for 10 minutes or until it comes to a boil.
After it boils, taste the flavor, add more salt and pepper if needed or more chicken flavor bouillon and more Chipotle peppers if needed. Also add in the juice of 1 lime, reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 15 more minutes or until the vegetables are nice and soft.
Once all the vegetables are well cooked, serve.
I like to serve my soup over rice, and top it with freshly baked tortilla chips. Garnish with fresh cilantro, freshly ground black pepper and more Chipotles in adobo sauce.