Hi everyone! Today's recipe is a super easy and delicious Japanese inspired dish, Yakisoba or Fried Noodles with Shrimp! I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did. Enjoy!
- 10oz Chinese Noodles or Ramen Noodles
- 1½ lbs Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 7 oz fresh Bean Sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into this strip
- 1 onion cut into thin slices
- 2 chopped green onions for garnish
- 2 tablespoons of Asian seasoning, (½ tspn each: garlic powder, ground ginger, sesame seeds, + salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili oil
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mirin (Sweet rice Wine)
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
Season the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of Asian seasoning, mix well and set aside until ready to use.
Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain them and rinse them under cold water. Set them aside until ready to use them.
On high heat, preheat a wok or a large skillet, add in 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, plus 1 tablespoon of chili oil, stir fry the onions for 1 minute. Add in the bell peppers and stir fry for 1 more minute. (If you want your peppers to be super soft, cook them for longer)
Add in the shrimp and stir fry for 2 more minutes. (Do not cook the shrimp all the way through.) Add in the Bean Sprouts and the noodles, season with 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon of Mirin, 1 tablespoon of Oyster sauce, and 1 tablespoon of Asian seasoning, mix well, taste the flavor and add more soy sauce or more Asian seasoning if needed, (you can also add 1 more teaspoon of sesame oil or chili oil.)
Continue to stir-fry the noodles for 4 more minutes or until the shrimp is well cooked and the noodles are well heated through. Garnish with the chopped green onions and serve.