To watch this Video-Recipe please click HERE!
Hi everyone, today's recipes is one of the most requested recipes on my channel, Fried Rice Chinese style, so I hope you all enjoy this one. It's super easy and it taste as good as it looks, so hopefully you will give it a try.
Serves 4-5 side dishes or 3 main dishes.
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 large eggs
- 4 slices of bacon cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup Shredded Carrots
- 3-4 Green Onions cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup diced Bell Peppers any color, I'm using red Bell Peppers
- 1 ½ cups Broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1 minced Garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh Ginger finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
I'm serving this rice with Shrimp for that we need:
- 1 lbs. shrimp peeled, cleaned, deveined
- 1 tablespoon Asian Seasoning, (Buy it at the grocery store or make your own with: ½ tablespoon minced ginger and ½ minced garlic, ground black pepper to taste and a pinch of crushed red pepper)
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- ¼ tablespoon of Sesame Oil
Prepare the shrimp: Season the shrimp with ¼ Tbsp Sesame Oil, 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce, and 1 Tbsp Asian Seasoning. Mix well and set aside until ready to use.
Make the eggs: Combine the eggs, and season them with a pinch of salt and pinch of black pepper, beat the eggs together. Heat up a skillet or Wok on medium low add a little bit of oil, cook the eggs for about 2 minutes or until cooked. Remove the eggs from the skillet and set them aside for a moment.
Reheat the skillet or wok and add 2 more tablespoons of Vegetable oil, add in the ginger and bacon and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add in the garlic and continue to stir fry for 30 seconds. Add in the Broccoli and stir fry for 2 more minutes, then add in the bell peppers and the green onions, stir fry for about 1-2 minutes and add in the carrots, stir fry for 30 more seconds, just to warm up the carrots. (If you like your vegetables to be softer, cook them for 2 more minutes or until you are happy with their texture.) (You can add 1 more tablespoon of Vegetable oil if necessary.)
Once the vegetables are cooked, add the rice and the eggs back into the skillet, season with 3 tablespoons of Soy Sauce. Stir everything together, taste the flavor and add 1 more tablespoon of Soy Sauce if needed. Continue to stir fry for about 2-3 more minutes or just until the rice is heated through.
While the rice continues to cook. Heat up another skillet on medium high and cook the shrimp for about 2½ minutes on each side or just until cooked. And that's it, once the rice is heated through and the Shrimp is cooked, you are ready to serve.