Menu

Easy Doughnuts

To Watch this Video Recipe click HERE!

Hi everyone! Today's recipe is Easy Doughnuts!
On Saturday, my sister sent me a picture of my mom and my aunt making doughnuts, and the doughnuts looked so good that I had to make some. I love doughnuts, I used to have them every day for breakfast when I was in Mexico! My dad owns a convenience store and he always gets fresh doughnuts from the bakery, so of course, every day he will save two doughnuts for me, a chocolate one and sugar coated one! I hadn't had a doughnut since last December, but seriously after seen the picture my sister sent me, I couldn't wait any longer! and I made these super Easy Doughnuts! I hope you like them, of course they are not from scratch, but they are really good! The preparation time is about 5 minutes, and the cooking time is less than 15 minutes!
Anyway, don't worry, I promise I will bring back their home-made doughnuts recipe when I return from my vacations!!!

Makes 8 doughnuts +8 doughnuts holes
Ingredients:

1 package Pillsbury Grands Home-style biscuits
3 cups vegetable oil for frying
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Optional
1 Baker's semi sweet chocolate squares
1 Baker's premium white chocolate square
chocolate sprinkles for garnish

Combine sugar and cinnamon together, and set a side.

In a bowl add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, set aside.

Using a small round cookie cutter, cut a whole in the middle of each biscuit to make the
doughnuts and just continue to do this until you are done with all the biscuits.

Dip each biscuit-doughnut in the the vanilla extract, just dip one side and set aside for about 3 minutes, just so the dough can absorb the extract.

On a medium-low heat, heat up about 3 cups of vegetable oil, let the oil reach 350ºF.

Cook the doughnut holes for about 2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels.

Cook the doughnuts for about 1 minute and 25 seconds on each side, or until golden brown, crisp and completely cooked in the inside. (If the oil is too hot, the doughnuts will get burned without cooking completely in the inside, and if the oil is too cold, the doughnuts will be extremely oily and disgusting, so make sure the oil is at the right temperature before you start frying the doughnuts.

Just keep on frying the doughnuts until you are done! Drain them on paper towels.

Roll the doughnuts on the sugar mixture until they are completely covered with the sugar.

I'm going to coat two of my doughnuts with semi sweet chocolate and the last two with white chocolate, so I melted the chocolate squares in the microwave and with a small knife I will coat one side of the doughnut and garnish with chocolate sprinkles.

and that's about it...

Enjoy!

Followers

Gallery

Archive