To watch this Video-Recipe please click HERE!!
Today I will be sharing with you another Pasta Salad recipe!
I love this kind of dish because it really is delicious and so very easy to make! If you want something that is good for you, something that looks beautiful and tastes even better, this is the dish for you.
It has veggies, a little bit of pasta, all serve on a Delicious and refreshing bed baby greens.
- 2 cups uncooked small pasta (Penne, elbows, shells, bows, any kind of small pasta you like) (whole wheat or white)
- 4-6 precooked sausage links (your favorite brand and flavor) (or hot-dog links)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, chopped in big chunks
- 1-2 bell peppers cut in thin slices
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 cups baby greens roughly chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt, ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
- Black Olives, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- More Baby Greens to serve (½ -1 cups per serving)
Cook the pasta as you would normally do.
I like to cook my pasta in boiling salted water with a bit of olive oil, 2 bay leaves and 1 garlic clove, for about 6-8 minutes or until Al Dente. Drain and set aside.
Cut the Sausage links into bite-size pieces.
In a large skillet, on medium heat, preheat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the Sausage link for about 4-5 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
Add the onions, cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes, or until it becomes aromatic. Add in the white wine, cook on high heat until the wine is reduce to half. (3-5 minutes)
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the bell peppers, cook for 1 minute. Add in 2 cups of chopped baby greens, also stir in the tomatoes. Season with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper to taste.
Stir together and cook for about 1-2 minutes until the tomatoes are warm and soft (not to soft, unless you like very soft tomatoes).
Turn off the heat. Combine the Pasta with the Sausage mix.
And you are done!
I served this delicious Salad over a bed of fresh baby greens, garnished with diced black olives and fresh parsley.