To watch this Video-Recipe please click HERE!!
This is a really easy recipe, and it beats any takeout any time! It's delicious and it will be ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 16 Ounces of Chicken cut into bite size pieces.
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup carrots sliced into thin slices
- 1 bell pepper sliced in thin slices
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced into thin slices (optional)
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (or any other green pea you like)
- ⅓ cup honey
- Salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper to taste
- ½ cup Almonds or peanuts (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Dip the chicken pieces into the egg wash (beaten egg), make sure every chicken piece is soaked with the egg, then transfer onto the flour and make sure every single piece is covered with flour. Set aside for a minute.
In a large skillet or wok,on medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of oil, and cook the chicken for about 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. Once the chicken is done, remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
Get rid of the left over oil, and reheat the same pan with 1½ tablespoons of vegetable oil, stir fry the onions for 2 minutes or until they become somewhat soft. Add the Carrots, bell peppers and jalapenos, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas, and stir fry for 3 more minutes. (cook for a few minutes longer if you like your vegetables to be really soft.)
Add the honey and mix well until all the veggies are well coated. Toss in the chicken and stir fry until the chicken is heated through and completely covered with the honey. Add more honey if needed.
Season with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper to taste. Add some peanuts or nuts to add some crunch.
And that's it, enjoy!!!